Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Gaming Journalism Play Day 2

1. What specifically did you do today?

- Today I advanced my raft, specifically by researching the items that were needed for the expansion of my raft, and from there, even further expansion.

I researched: The Scrap Axe, The Lantern, The Scrap Hook and that's about it.

From there I made some other items like the sleeping bag that is supposed to progress time past the night, a sail for the control of direction I want my raft to go, and some collection nets for floating resources. I made my raft a little larger as well for theses attachments, even a second floor for the sail and bed. Benefits of a second floor are that the shark wont take the place-able item you've just crafted in one bite if you cannot defend it.

2. What did you learn about how to play the game (Tips & Tricks)?

- During the game-play I learned how to research items and a variety of strategies when it comes to resources collecting on islands. The islands have scrap, wood, food, flowers / dyes, clay, sand, and stone on occasion. These resources are all helpful in progression so if you wish to gather a-lot or most of these materials, make sure to have an empty inventory. Another key factor of the island loot-runs is that the shark is always on you, but something that makes it easier and quicker to collect is the scrap hook, this tool is two times faster and stronger than the plastic hook which helps for collecting the scrap, stone, clay and sand as its underwater.

3. What strategies are you going to try to focus on tomorrow?

-Tomorrow I plan on using the research table more and getting upgrades for my raft, as well as going to more islands that I see as the trees there give off a-lot of wood which is helpful to expand my raft into a small ship.

4. Add a picture of your raft. (include a caption) Explain What you have done to your raft and WHY.

-This is my Raft after day 3. Its got some basic walls made of wood and leaves and acting as supports for the second story where just out of the shot lies my sail. I also have the torch / lantern there for night when it gets dark. To the left of that lies the research table and the small storage. Then lastly I have the nets behind me in the photo which would collect resources as they floated into the nets. This helps me with collecting resources effortlessly. And that sums up my second day playing the game for experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment